Development of educational and training programs in the field of ICT in Library Studies, Education and Cultural Heritage (including e-learning and lifelong learning programs) for citizens, e.g. pre- and in-service ICT training for librarians, school and university teachers, professionals from cultural institutions (museums, galleries, archives etc.), heritage conservation professionals, etc.
The major goals of the UNESCO Chair are to:
- assure a professional level of educators and researchers meeting the requirements of the knowledge based society in an integrated field of ICT, library studies, education, and cultural, material and non-material heritage preservation;
- renew in depth the training system of the SULSIT faculty staff taking into account the diversity and the dynamics in globalization era;
- provide top level education introducing the students to major current issues in library and information science, heritage preservation and providing them with tools to make informed choices regarding existing and emerging practices;
- examine the existing good practices along with the major organizational and intellectual issues being faced on national and international level;
- focus on research and the preparation of PhD students by building bridges of co-operation with foreign scholars;
- support innovations and technology transfer to governmental, nongovernmental and industrial bodies